Thursday, August 30, 2018

BOBBEE BEE: TOP PROSPECT CHOOSES GRAMBLING OVER BAMA

TOP PROSPECT CHOOSES GRAMBLING OVER BAMA
by eric d.graham

Maurice Robinson, one of the top football prospects in the state of Alabama for the class of 2018, who stands (6-foot-1, 180 pound) shocked the SEC on National Signing Day on February 7th when he decided to attend Grambling State, a historical Black College in Louisana, rather than Nick Saban's Alabama Crimson Tide.
...
Robinson, who threw for 1,686 total yards and 18 touchdowns during his senior season at quartback not only declined offers from the defending National Champions, he also sidestepped other scholarships from Florida and LSU as well- in order to join the "G-Men" of Grambling State, where he plans to play defensive back instead of quarterback this season.

"I saw somewhere where I can be great,” said the 19th best high school player in Alabama.
“I saw a place where I can make a name for myself as well. The players and coaches made it feel like home. I was comfortable there, I like the atmosphere and that’s what convinced me to make the decision to come there.

“It was very important to me. Not a lot of schools had the history of winning like Grambling. Really it was only Alabama and Grambling. I just had to choose which one I wanted to be a part of. I chose the better option.”

While some still question his decision not to join the Crimson Tide, let's not forget Grambling State has a long and strong football tradition,which has produced over 127 NFL football players since 1955. (Fouls and Fumbles) (bobbeethehater.blogspot.com)