Thursday, June 14, 2018

BOBBEE BEE: DEDICATED TO DUPLIN'S RAY LESENE

DEDICATED TO DUPLIN'S RAY LESENE

He was blessed with an old man soul. So, I referred to him as my Uncle Ray.

Because, he was always giving me advice even when I didn't want to hear it. I remember, first meeting him at Greg Washington's house, playing basketball, (shaking & baking) while telling me that I couldn't guard him.

His personality was confrontational. But, his spirit was full of laughter. Plus, the way he talked and walked he demanded your respect. He, like myself, had... a Napoleon complex.

So, we ended up becoming friends. Before, we found out we were cousins.

Plus, on the football field, I always admired his toughness. Because, he always provided the necessary block for me to score all of those touchdowns during my sophomore season at James Kenan HS, while never showing any sign of jealousy during my so-called rise to stardom, as our teammates formed that "unbreakable" Billy Byrd designed Wall on punt returns.
 
Plus, off the field, he always offered me words of encouragement and a big hug, every time he saw me, while showing off his "Million-Dollar Gold Tooth Smile."

He, like all of us, was flawed, But, he tried to correct his past wrongs.

In the picture below, my cousin (Ray) and I worked together in order to help some at-risk youth at Warsaw Middle School in Warsaw, North Carolina.

You will be missed my brother, my friend, my cousin. My Uncle Ray
Pocket Full of Ghetto Poems-eric d.graham (bobbeethehater.blogspot.com)