Thursday, June 22, 2017

BOBBEE BEE: THE NEXT DOCTOR OF DUPLIN

THE NEXT DOCTOR OF DUPLIN!!!-While Donald Trump delivered his 1st commencement address as president Saturday at Liberty University in Lynchburg, Virginia in front about 50,000 people, waiting patiently with her cap and gown, sat a 40 year old, working mother of three from Duplin County named Iris Carter, who was there to receive her MA in Executive Leadership.

“Oh Wow! It's a blessing.” said Carter, who attended James Kenan High School.

“Especially, at the age of 40, working ...towards any degree is special.”

While trying to obtain her Master’s, however, Carter admitted she faced several obstacles, which included the hospitalization, and later, the death, of her father, David Wells, whom passed away in 2014.

Many days, of visiting him, in the hospital, we would talk. (And) he would tell me to never give up on my education…”she reminisced.

“He knew that I could do. Because, he knew that I was a go-getter and not a quitter. So, today, I know he would be very proud of me!!! Because, I did it!!!-(We) did it!!!

With the encouraging words of her father, the love of her mother (Doris Wells), the support of her husband (Greg Carter) along with the motivation from her family and children (Da'Nasia, Diamond and Deoveon), Iris plans to pursue her Ph.D.

I am just trying to Make America “Great Again” she laughed. (Piggy-backing off of Donald Trump’s campaign theme.)

So, now, with a little study, lots of prayer and the scripture from Philippians 4:13 embedded in her heart, -I know she will obtain it.

Therefore, look out for the “NEXT” DOCTOR OF DUPLIN!!! –Dr. Iris Carter-by Eric D.Graham